Friday, September 28, 2012

Chemo Round 2 Day 2.

Yesterday I had my second round of chemotherapy. I am halfway through my first two chemo medicines! These two medicines are the hardest. I am down and out for about a week. The first dose was harder than the second dose. I am more alert this time around, although I tire easily. It is exhausting to walk to the bathroom and back! I go for my shot today. It is a shot to boost my white blood cell count. Basically, it is manufactured bone marrow. The shot itself isn't too bad. It is after I get the shot that is so painful. I feel as though everything is bruised. The hardest part of this is watching my kids suffer. They are too young to understand any of this. It broke my heart when Misty went a day without eating because she was so upset. It breaks my heart when Nellie starts crying because she wants me better so we can go the park again. I don't fully understand why I had to get sick but I am sure one day it will all make sense. All I can do for now is to wrap my arms around my precious girls, hold them and pray with them. I thank God daily that Sadie and Willow are too young to understand. They are okay with sitting on the couch or in bed with me to snuggle. I pray this is something none of my girls go through, or any sickness like this. It is my prayer that they don't remember any of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment