Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dealing with hair loss.

The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. Audrey Hepburn For those of you who know me, know I love my hair. I am hairdresser. The last few weeks of walking around with a shaved head has been an experience. My doctor told me my hair would fall out, most likely between the second and third treatment. I prepared by gettting wigs (thank you Leeann) and letting the girls shave my head! Secretly, deep down, I hoped I would be a rare case that got to keep my hair. I know hair doesn't make a person who they are. But for me it makes me feel girly, it makes me feel pretty. This morning, reality set in. I rubbed my head. As I pulled my hand down, I looked at my palm. There, sitting in my palm was my hair. Not much. Just maybe eight to ten strands. So it begins. My venture into being bald.

No comments:

Post a Comment