Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Time sure does fly

One year ago today, I was sitting in the doctor's office. The room was a crisp clean white. Very little was on the walls. My babies were sitting on the floor reading books they had brought with them. While I waited for the doctor to come in and tell me my biopsy results, I kept telling myself "everything is fine". Little did I know my whole world was about to change. The way I viewed life in general, the way I loved my children, the way I loved my God. The words  "You have cancer" changed my whole world. 

At the time I was diagnosed, I thought cancer was horrible. On my body, yes, cancer was and still is horrible. There are days cancer takes its toll on me. But reflecting on this past year I have learned so much about myself. I have learned just how strong I can be. I value the time I have with my children. I have learned that children not only need rules, they also need someone to listen to their fears. Someone to hold them tight and tell them things will be ok. They need to know that nothing is too big for God. I have learned that people will surprise you and people will disappoint you. I have learned how some people are sympathetic to cancer and some people just brush it off, like it is nothing. 

 Cancer also brought so many wonderful people into my life.  My doctors,people I have never physically met, people i worked with, people from LPPC and people I go to church with now have all been so kind and thoughtful. I have made so many friends on this journey.  Some friends have become family

I could go on and on about what positives I see in my own life, but I won't. I just want you to understand that there truly is a silver lining, sometimes you have to look harder. When life seems hard look for the positives. You might be surprised to find that life will surprise you What scared you could bring you happiness. 



No comments:

Post a Comment