Saturday, December 8, 2012

Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life - Sophocles

Today, as I watched my oldest at her play "The Nutcracker", I was again reminded how precious life really is. I was also reminded why it is I am fighting this horrible disease. I am fighting for my four babies. I may not be disgustingly wealthy but I feel wealthier than those with diamonds and gold. I have something they may never experience......an undying love between a mother and her children. Watching my baby girl's smile and seeing her run up to me any time she wanted to today to give me a hug gave me such a swelling sense of joy! There truly is nothing more enjoyable in this world than having your children hug you. As a child, I can remember thinking my mom had super powers! She always had energy. She always did so many fun amd cool things. Yes, I have the coolest mom! As I got older, I found myself not wanting to stay in my mothers loving embrace. I wanted to run out the door! As my children are growing, I find myself holding them much longer when I hug them. I find myself looking at how beautiful they are becoming. I find myself wishing that I could freeze time. I am reminded each day of what anchors me to life. The little arms around my neck, the sassy remarks from their mouths, the sound of a 15 month old saying "muah", hearing the words "mommy will you hold me?" and listening to the little whispers that come from their room when they are to be sleeping. All these things remind me of how important life is. I feel people have not lived until they feel the love of a child. For nothing is more precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment