Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

One would think that the virus I had Friday into Saturday or the Chemo I had Thursday would have dampened my spirits. But, I am happy to say, it has not! Yes, I may have a sore arm that is currently enflamed from the chemo and needing benedryl, a warm compress and anti-itching cream. Yes, my body is aching from dancing my tush off with the girls. And yes, I am going to need lots and lots of coffee in the morning. But all these things remind me that I am still alive and breathing. I am still able to enjoy watching my girls dance around the living room, without a care in the world. I can teach a 3 year old to play Chutes and Ladders or an almost 11 year old how to put on eye shadow in a really funky way! I can still rock my sweet 15 month old to sleep. I can watch my 5 and now 7 year old giggle as they play with their American girl dolls! I am alive and breathing thanks to my doctors who were so aggressive in finding my cancer, as well as taking an aggressive stance towards my chemo. We have less than ten minutes until the New Year. We are all camped out in the living room watching the last few minutes of Dick Clarks Rockin' New Years Eve. Waiting anxiously, for the ball to drop so we can run outside and bang some pots together. I would like to thank all my friends who have been so helpful to me and my family. You have all given up a lot of time to help me take care of not only myself but my girls. Thank you for helping me keep my house clean or doing my laundry! Thank you for taking my girls overnight so I could get some rest! I can never repay the kindness that has been shown to me. I also want to thank my family. Mom, thanks so much for taking time to come up here and care for me and the girls while I recovered from my surgery. It was such a wonderful time for the girls to see you! They miss you! Thanks to Dad for holding down the fort so Mom could come here. Aunt Pam, thank you for being a chauffer/babysitter/caregiver to me. I really appreciate it. I am sorry we got you sick for New Years. Hope you feel better. Thank you to all the people who brought us food and wrapped your arms around this family in kindness. Virginia folks, I need a cook book with all your fantastic recipes! To the wonderful ladies who adopted us for Christmas. You truly made this the best Christmas EVER!!! (Ask Sadie, she will tell you!) If I have not named you or thanked you it is not because I don't care or appreciate you. I do. I have a hard time remembering everything! I love each and every one of you! I am so grateful to all of you who have helped me by either letting me live with you, or by leaving your families to come take care of me! Without all of you, I would not be so strong. I wish everyone a happy, healthy and safe New Year. Let's make this year count! Live life to the fullest! Happy New Year and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment