Sunday, December 16, 2012

the sounds of a child praying is like a sweet melody being played.

As I sat listening to my sweet babies say their bedtime prayers, I could not help but question God, almost arguring with Him. I never planned on having cancer and here are my girls praying "God, make my mommy all better". Of course, it is my daily prayer as well. For who can ever do the "job" of a mother, better than a mother? Who will give them special hugs and kisses as they are tucked in at night? Who will kiss away their pain, the way only a mother can? Who will ensure my children have a relationship with my family in Arkansas? It is nights like these that I allow my mind to run away with me. Yes, I am almost done with my hard chemo. And, yes, I have handled it well. But ......you never know what tomorrow brings. You only know who holds tomorrow. God has a plan for each and every one of us, young and old, big and small. But, sometimes I have a hard time accepting His plan, just as some of you do as well. Whether you believe in God as I do, or "some higher being". I feel it is safe to say that majority of us believe that everything happens for a reason. When I started my journey, I was told I would have ups and downs. I was told to take each day step by step. I was told there are good days but there are bad days. Please, before you jump to conclusions, do not think I have given up. Because I have not. Nor am I depressed. This is just part of my journey, as some of you who have had cancer could vouch. I created my blog as a way for people to see "the ups and downs". A way for people to follow along with me while I travel this road. While today was a great day, starting with music Sunday at church to helping the girls make chocolate covered pretzels. It is the moments that are quick, fleeting and oh, so precious that can send ones mind racing.

3 comments: