Thursday, December 27, 2012

Brighten someones day.

Well, today was a challlenging day. I could only receive half of my chemo. My body was rejecting it. Good thing is I was able to receive half, so no need to go back. I am all done with my Taxol!!!!!! Can I get a woot! Woot! On my hard chemo days I get steroids to counteract all the pain Taxol causes. The Taxol makes it very hard to walk. The first few night, after chemo, I have a hard time sleeping. I do take medicine to help me sleep but that takes a while to kick in. So, instead of fighting to try and sleep I started using that time to pray. And let's face it, with four small girls night time is my only quiet time. I pray not only for myself but also for my girls, as well as friends who are sick or hospitalized. If you follow me on fb, you see a little girl I follow, who is my Misty's age. She will be starting her journey in chemo soon. She has already had brain surgery. She just finished her radiation. This little girl needs your prayers. As she needs her appetite back, so she can gain back weight. I also follow Bringing home the Browns. A sweet couple who prayed for seven years for a baby. God finally answered their prayers. At 34 weeks Heather had her son while husband wean was overseas. She slipped into coma. It has been amazing to watch their journey as she slowly climbs out od this state. Tonight my heart has been heavy, as a pray for a dear lady. She has had a rough year. Right now she is battling for her life yet again. This lady has a smile that will light up the room. I know it was very comforting to see her happy face the first time I sat in the blood chair to have my blood drawn. There she was, across from me, smiling away. It was infectious. Soon I was smiling with her. She has a wonderful family. Please pray for her. Pray for doctors to have the wisdom to help her. When you think you have it bad, look around you and see who you can pray for. It doesn't need to be a long flowery prayer. It can be short and simple. I guarantee it will help you feel just a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment