Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Give Thanks

Growing up, my mom used to sing a song that I loved, "Give Thanks wth a Grateful Heart". The words are simple. GIVE THANKS WITH A GRATEFUL HEART GIVE THANKS TO THE HOLY ONE GIVE THANKS FOR HE'S GIVEN JESUS CHRIST, HIS SON (X2) AND NOW LET THE WEAK SAY I AM STRONG LET THE POOR SAY I AM RICH BECAUSE OF WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE FOR US (X2) GIVE THANKS... We may not be able to understand why God allows trials and tribulations. But if we stop and think about the wonderful things He has done for us, it might make it easier to accept these trials or tribulations. Today, I am thankful that God blessed me with four beautiful girls. Who knows if I had waited to have children if I would have been so blessed. I also am thankful for the outpour of love and support that people have shown to me and my family. I am so thankul for people opening their home to us while ours is being remodeled. For people giving up their time not only to tke cre of me nd my children but to also help get our home bck in order so we have a safe place. For people wanting to help us financially with fundraisers and donations. Yesterday, Robin, my nurse navigator, called to ask me a question. A fellow survivor, who rode the pink fire truck with me, asked if I would be okay with the idea of her and her company helping us with Christmas! What a relief to know that I don't need to stress about how I am going to get Christmas shopping done for my kids. I do not say it enough but I thank you all for everything you have done or do for us. My challenge to you today is this, as you go about your day take a second to "Give Thanks".

No comments:

Post a Comment