Friday, October 12, 2012

Thankful

Yesterday, I had my third chemo treatment. I have one more of these two medicines and then I move on to my other two medicines. Yay! While I was sitting there talking to a chaplain, a gentleman walked up. The chaplain knew the man well from the local YMCA. The gentleman, who walked up, recognized me! I couldn't remember his name, but I did recognize him. The last time I saw him, I was reviving my first treatment and he was finishing his last! We talked for a little bit before my medicine took hold of me and made me sleep. Before falling asleep he told me of his daughter who had been diagnosed with cancer, due to the chemo fog I can not remember her name or the cancer she was diagnosed with. Yesterday, I asked the gentleman how his daughter was fairing? He looked up at me with tear filled eyes and a small smile on his face "she went home to be with our Heavenly Father." I fought back the tears. This lady wasn't much older than me, frlm what i could recall. This gentleman is such a wonderful example of how we should live. Tragedy struck him and instead of being bitter he gave thanks (in everything give thanks, for this is the will of Christ Jesus concerning you I Thessalonians 5:18). Before leaving the kind man turned to me and said with a smile on his face " You got this girl. Keep fighting. You got this." So, today, I would like to give a huge shout out to my dear friend, Allison Roberts. She has allowed my family of four small girs, plus myself, to move in with her. We have been here for the past six weeks. Thank you, Allison, for being my rock. Thank you for allowing my young children to turn your world upside down. It takes a special person to open their home for small children when they are not used to having any children around. You truly are a blessing and I am so thankful to have you in my life. Those blessings are sweetest that are won with prayer and worn with thanks.” ― Thomas Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment